Saturday, August 8, 2015

RIP, Cecil

The killing of Cecil, the lion, just broke my heart. I know big-game hunting has been going on for years, but that doesn't make it right. He was a cherished "pet" for many people. Someone in a group that I belong to said, "Why is everybody so upset over a lion when there are homeless people to worry about, etc." That's not the point! Guess I'm what she calls an animal activist. And proud of it, by the way. I would much rather live in a world that looks like this. (Without the snow.)




Now that's a rare combination indeed! Click this to watch videos of birds who preen, wake up, and play with their best cat.



Dogs and cats don't get along? That's sometimes true. But watch this!

When you think of anxiety, you think it's a human condition. However, it also affects animals. Here is a heart-warming video of a dog and a cat showing the value of friendship



I guess I'm like this kitty. I just wish this world was happier. We can all contribute to that with one positive thought, one act of kindness at a time. Hope you enjoyed all the videos and pictures of animals interacting with each other. Please share your thoughts about Cecil. Till next week, thanks for reading. 















No comments:

Post a Comment