Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're starting into that busy time of year again; Thanksgiving, Black Friday, cards, presents, decorations, etc. Today I'd like to share some of the things that I am thankful for. Yes, some of them will be funny. On a serious note, I am grateful that my mother is still with us at the age of 95. My sons and their families are close and doing well. My seventh great-grandchild will be a year old in December. Our health is good, and we look forward to many things. Kirby and Sammy are a blessing and such good companions. Well, most of the time anyway! And last, but NOT least, I am very thankful for all of you who read my blog!





Now, lets go through a Thanksgiving day and see how our pets can help us enjoy it even more. First of all, you need to get up early to start the turkey. If you don't get up early enough, you might find this!


Regardless of what time I get up, I usually have to start my morning out with coffee. Lots of it.


You will be making other things for dinner besides the turkey, but there's one thing every recipe calls for.


Some of you like to "dress up" for the holidays, but I guarantee that your kitty cat will outdo you every time!





Your pets can be a source of entertainment when guests arrive. Not everyone might appreciate it, however.





If you get tired from all the preparation, someone will be there to help you get through it .


You certainly want your pets to mind their manners when there are guests in the house. That's not always easy though!





After all the excitement of the day, you may find that your pets will be ready for a nap wherever they happen to be.





Wishing all of you a very happy Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Let us know some of your favorite things to do on this special day! Or what your pet does! Some of that can be pretty funny.



Marion Lovato is the author of Sam, the Superkitty.  Her book describes an ordinary cat changing into a superhero to protect his family from things that go bump in the night.  Available on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle edition.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1604588667






No comments:

Post a Comment