Friday, July 5, 2013

Eating

In the last two blogs, we have covered some of the crazy contortions cats go through to sit and to sleep or least rest.  Might as well talk about eating because if mine are not playing or sleeping, guess what they want to do.  My younger cat, Sammy, likes to eat throughout the day.  A little bit here and a little bit there.  However, my older cat, Kirby, would eat us out of house and home if I allowed him to eat that way.  So, we've found ways to compromise and still get them both fed.  Whenever I come home or walk into the kitchen from any other room, no matter what time it is, this is the type of attitude that I will see from Kirby.


He'll talk, he'll butt up against me, lay on the floor for his tummy to be rubbed, or whatever he can think of to get my attention before he finally decides that now is not the right time.

He hasn't done this yet, but it wouldn't surprise me any if he did.


Fortunately, my boys are not picky eaters, but I feel for pet owners that have to deal with this kind of problem.  Nope, no problems along that line!  It could very easily go this way if Kirby could eat all he wanted.


He's to lose a pound over the next year according to the vet, so I've been very careful about the amount I give him.  He certainly doesn't get as much as he wants.  :>)

It's amazing how they can know that you're getting ready to feed them even when they're not in the same room.  But they associate certain sounds with the feeding preparation and don't miss a beat.  They're right there ready and waiting.






After they're done eating, then they feel this way before taking another nap or playing a little.


Most pet owners feed their pets several times a day.  As I said before, Kirby doesn't think that's enough.  But, he's especially thinking this when he gets me up at five in the morning.


And so begins another day in the our household.  Hope yours is a good one!

1 comment:

  1. That five in the morning thing is so true. They do the same thing with me. Even if the bowl is still half full. That bowl the cat is fitting through haven't seen that before. the bowl is usually separated. How many do you have?
    What kind of litter do you purchase the cheap kind seems bad.

    ReplyDelete